We are always glad to connect with qualified, enthusiastic applicants. If you’d like to pursue a career at Serrano Hotel, please begin by choosing a category – either All Categories, Serrano Hotel or Jasper’s Corner Tap and Kitchen. Then, you’ll see a link to available jobs for which to apply. Please click on that link and fill out the form. You’ll be well on your way to a San Francisco hotel career.
Director of Revenue Management
Application Deadline: July 31, 2014
Location: San Francisco, CA, United States
- Develops and implements business strategies for department
- Monitors status regularly and adjusts strategies as appropriate
- Develops/implements strategies for Reservations that support achievement of the hotel’s goals.
- Maximizes room revenue by utilizing revenue management techniques.
- Constantly analyzes the competitive set
- Identifies demand generators and changing market conditions
- Analyzes distribution channels
- Maintains relationships with Third Party distribution Market Managers
- Analyzing and reviewing weekly/monthly STR Report results, understanding gains or losses of RevPAR Index and applying this knowledge to impact and predict future results
- Staying abreast of industry and local market trends
- Participating in the annual RFP process for negotiated accounts
- Partners with Sales team to determine group rates that will maximize room revenue
- Prepares and distributes accurate forecasts
- Prepares and distributes weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Assisting in the development and execution of a business plan and the annual operating budget for the hotel
- Trains staff in revenue management and sales techniques on a regular basis
- Seeks opportunities to improve results received by utilizing the various tools and programs offered.
- Minimum three (3) years experience as Director of Revenue Management for a high volume, full service hotel required; 5 years preferred.
- College degree (BS/BA) preferred
- Recent San Francisco market experience highly desirable.
- Must be able to guide, direct, and deploy rooms revenue strategies with minimal direction
- Skilled in problem analysis, problem solving and decision making
- Strong knowledge and relationships with third party distribution channels
- Experience managing Individual Tour Wholesalers preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products; i.e., Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Previous experience working with Epitomy, Ideas, Synxis, and Delphi preferred
- Previous experience leading an organized Reservation Department, including hiring, training and counseling.
- Track record of working collaboratively with others to achieve desired results.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations