We love kids! When you bring yours to experience San Francisco and choose to stay with us, you’ll be able to tap the wealth of knowledge our concierge at Serrano Hotel has collected. The concierge knows what children love in the city. Serrano Hotel’s location steps from Union Square makes this shopping mecca an ideal starting point. No doubt you know of the high-end shops located in Union Square, but did you know the tourist attraction also boasts the Disney Store, Paul Frank, Gap Kids and EB Games? When the shopping is done, decide what’s next by browsing this list of our concierge’s top five kid-friendly activities in San Francisco.
Our Insider City Info blog is constantly being updated with city-wide San Francisco events for all ages, plus little known secrets from local experts on the best things to do in San Francisco, any time of year.
Top Five Best San Francisco Family Activities
5. Slide, baby, slide on the Seward Mini Park slides. Tucked between two homes above the Castro District, these thirty-foot long slides are fun for adults and children alike. Off the beaten path, Seward Mini Park holds a real claim-to-fame: an authentic little-known local favorite.
4. Savor a Jelly Belly tour. During the 40-minute walking tour, Jelly Belly tour guides will show you a real working factory where we cook up over 150 different sweet treats.
3. Explore the city the duck way on a San Francisco Duck tour. You can’t beat this crazy tour of the city by land and sea with your personal joke-cracker at the wheel. Your children will be quacking with the best of them and retelling the story for years to come.
2. Go SO FAST on a San Francisco Rocket Boat! Get blown away as you and your little ones hold on for the most exhilarating ride of your life. Stunning views and a classic Rock ‘n Roll soundtrack add to the 30-minutes of non-stop fun.
1. See the city from the sky on a San Francisco helicopter tour! You know this is what you always wanted as a child. Give your children a view they just can’t get anywhere else by scheduling a helicopter flight for them. Granted, it’s not the cheapest, but it will be a forever memory.
Special thanks to Mindy, a.k.a. Road Runner Girl, for her photo of children in front of the famous Painted Ladies. Read Mindy’s blog to follow her adventures.
Sold? Now you just need a family friendly hotel in San Francisco: the Serrano Hotel.
Check rates today and see you soon!